Thursday, August 19, 2010

Can I change my yahoo email address so as to conform with an alternate profile I have for my account?

My yahoo email address is my (account name)@yahoo.com. I want to change it to an alternate profile name that I use. I've discovered that I can close my account but that won't free up my alternate profile name for use as a new account and email name for 90 days or more and even then I would not necessarily get to use it as somebody else may get it before me. I put in the email address I want as an alternate email address, saw it listed as "pending", gave it out to people and then found out it can not be activated because it is a yahoo email address. I would greatly appreciate it if there is a way to accomplish what I want that somebody could share with me. If necessary, I don't mind closing my account if I could open a new one without delay with an account name that I'm using as an alternate profile now in my current account.

Can I change my yahoo email address so as to conform with an alternate profile I have for my account?
an alternated email address must come from another domain that is outside of yahoo. you cannot have an alternate email add from yahoo, that's why it is called alternate, just in case for security purposes you will be approaced thru your alternate email add. you can create either in hotmail, gmail, or any doman just absolutely not yahoo.


talking that account as your alternate profile, if that account is already your "main" and not an alias, even deleting that account will not let you reinstate it again, just as you know you need to wait for over 3months. if that is only an alias, then you can reinstate/create it right away upon deletion also.


No comments:

Post a Comment