Thursday, August 19, 2010

Is there a way to automatically set yahoo! email to open when I click, "Email this link" or "send this image"?

I have a mac, and it keeps opening up the mac email or the Thunderbird email, when I click "Email this link" or "Send this image", etc. I don't use Thunderbird or Mac Email, so how can I connect the automatic email to my yahoo! email?

Is there a way to automatically set yahoo! email to open when I click, "Email this link" or "send this image"?
You would need to make Yahoo the default Mail.


I don't know if this will work with a Mac----but if you're using Internet Explorer, it should.


It's worth a try anyway. Good luck.





Click Tools%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;then click Internet Options.


In the dialog box that opens, click the "programs" tab across the top, and then, click the down arrow at the end of the Email line, and choose Yahoo Mail. Apply and OK.





If Yahoo doesn't appear on the list, as one of the choices-----(it usually doesn't)----you will have to download (or re-download) Messenger---all of it----and that will put Yahoo on the list.





Now go back (tools-internet options-programs) and you will able to select Yahoo---apply and ok.





Later, you can remove Messenger---if you don't want it---without affecting the setting.





_______________
Reply:For the Mac, you need to install Webmailer: http://osxdaily.com/2007/03/09/how-to-us...


No comments:

Post a Comment